Monday 29 November 2010

Richard Hamilton



I love Pop art: this art movement is a real inspiration to me and my work. Pop art was all about challenging tradition, to me it sounds like it was about pushing boundaries in commercial art.

A major founder of this specific art movement was the amazing, Richard Hamilton.

The pieces Hamilton created look quite modern in concept and composition, specifically when considering the time his pieces were shown and when they became popular to the for front of art, during the 1950's.

Hamilton's, 'Just What Is It that Makes Today's Homes So Different, So Appealing?' ,is regarded as being one of the early works of pop art.

I love the adding of extra images and text to further enhance a piece of work, and I believe Hamilton does this with brilliant affect.

Hamilton's composition choices I really love, and his use of different types of paper-colour, weight, texture really add to the overall image and is an aesthetic I want to explore during this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment